Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
Latin American flavors come alive in this festive beef dish with fruity salsa
- 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (16 oz)
- 1/2 cup canned diced pineapple, in fruit juice, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or substitute 1/4 tsp dried coriander)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- For the salsa, combine all ingredients and toss well. Let sit for 10–15 minutes to marinate while preparing the seasoning and cooking the meat.
- For the beef tenderloin seasoning, combine all ingredients. Lightly oil the tenderloin and spread an even layer of the dry seasoning over the entire roast.
- Place the seasoned roast on a roasting or broiling pan and roast 10–15 minutes (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F). Let cool for 5 minutes before carving into 16 slices (1 ounce each).
- Serve four slices of the tenderloin with 1/4 cup salsa on the side.
Tip: Delicious with a side of rice and Grilled Romaine Lettuce With Caesar Dressing.