Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 65 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
Save leftovers for lunch the next day!
- 8 chicken pieces (breasts or legs)
- 1 cup water
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 small carrots, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- Remove the skin and any extra fat from the chicken. In a large skillet, combine the chicken, water, garlic, onion, salt, black pepper, tomatoes, and parsley. Tightly cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add celery, potatoes, carrots, and bay leaves, and continue to cook for 15 more minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.