A Heart-Healthy Recipe from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
Easy, quick, and tasty—Plus, fresh salmon is naturally low in sodium.
- 1 fillet (14 oz) salmon
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Bake fresh, unsalted salmon (until it flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part). Flake, place in a bowl, and chill.
- After salmon has chilled, stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Serve as a side dish or salad, or spread on pilot bread or unsalted crackers.