The chest is the part of the body between your neck and your abdomen. It includes the ribs and breastbone. Inside your chest are several organs, including the heart, lungs, and esophagus. The pleura, a large thin sheet of tissue, lines the inside of the chest cavity.
Chest injuries and disorders include
Diagnosis and Tests
- Bronchoscopy and Bronchoalveolar Lavage (BAL) (National Library of Medicine) Also in Spanish
- Chest MRI (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute)
- Chest X-Ray (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute) Also in Spanish
- Chest X-Ray (Chest Radiography) (American College of Radiology; Radiological Society of North America) Also in Spanish
- What is Bronchoscopy? (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute) Also in Spanish
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation: MedlinePlus Health Topic (National Library of Medicine) Also in Spanish
Journal Articles References and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Risk factors for acute kidney injury in critically ill patients with...
- Article: Severe Chest Injury Revisited - An Analysis of The Jos University...
- Article: Prospective observational study to examine health-related quality of life and develop...
- Chest Injuries and Disorders -- see more articles