The bronchi are two tubes that branch off the trachea, or windpipe. The bronchi carry air to your lungs.
- Bronchiectasis, a condition in which damage to the airways causes them to widen and become flabby and scarred
- Exercise-induced bronchospasm, which happens when the airways shrink while you are exercising
- Bronchiolitis, an inflammation of the small airways that branch off from the bronchi
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia, a condition affecting infants
Treatment of bronchial disorders depends on the cause.
- Bronchiectasis (American Lung Association)
- Bronchiectasis (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute)
- Bronchiolitis (Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research)
- Bronchiolitis (American Academy of Family Physicians) Also in Spanish
- Exercise-Induced Bronchospasm (American Academy of Family Physicians) Also in Spanish
- What Is Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia? (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute)
Journal Articles References and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Effect of Azithromycin on Airflow Decline-Free Survival After Allogeneic Hematopoietic...
- Article: Disparities in infant hospitalizations in Indigenous and non-Indigenous populations in...
- Article: Thymic stromal lymphopoietin, IL-33, and periostin in hospitalized infants with...
- Bronchial Disorders -- see more articles
- Bronchiectasis (Medical Encyclopedia) Also in Spanish
- Bronchiolitis (Medical Encyclopedia) Also in Spanish
- Bronchiolitis - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia) Also in Spanish
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (Medical Encyclopedia) Also in Spanish
- Postural drainage (Medical Encyclopedia) Also in Spanish
- Tracheal rupture (Medical Encyclopedia) Also in Spanish