The bronchi are two tubes that branch off the trachea, or windpipe. The bronchi carry air to your lungs.
- Bronchiectasis, a condition in which damage to the airways causes them to widen and become flabby and scarred
- Exercise-induced bronchospasm, which happens when the airways shrink while you are exercising
- Bronchiolitis, an inflammation of the small airways that branch off from the bronchi
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia, a condition affecting infants
Treatment of bronchial disorders depends on the cause.
- Bronchiectasis (American Lung Association)
- Bronchiectasis (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute)
- Bronchiolitis (American Academy of Family Physicians) Also in Spanish
- Bronchiolitis (Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research)
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute)
- Exercise-Induced Bronchospasm (American Academy of Family Physicians) Also in Spanish