The chest is the part of the body between your neck and your abdomen. It includes the ribs and breastbone. Inside your chest are several organs, including the heart, lungs, and esophagus. The pleura, a large thin sheet of tissue, lines the inside of the chest cavity.
Chest injuries and disorders include
Diagnosis and Tests
- Chest MRI (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute)
- Chest X-Ray (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute) Also in Spanish
- Chest X-Ray (Chest Radiography) (American College of Radiology, Radiological Society of North America) Also in Spanish
- What is Bronchoscopy? (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute) Also in Spanish
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation: MedlinePlus Health Topic (National Library of Medicine) Also in Spanish
Journal Articles References and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Periprocedural myocardial and renal injury in patients undergoing elective percutaneous coronary...
- Article: Catamenial pneumothorax: a cause of monthly breathlessness.
- Article: Pneumothorax after minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis for midshaft clavicle fracture: A...
- Chest Injuries and Disorders -- see more articles