The chest is the part of the body between your neck and your abdomen. It includes the ribs and breastbone. Inside your chest are several organs, including the heart, lungs, and esophagus. The pleura, a large thin sheet of tissue, lines the inside of the chest cavity.
Chest injuries and disorders include
Diagnosis and Tests
- Chest MRI (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute)
- Chest X-Ray (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute) Also in Spanish
- Chest X-Ray (Chest Radiography) (American College of Radiology, Radiological Society of North America) Also in Spanish
- What is Bronchoscopy? (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute) Also in Spanish
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation: MedlinePlus Health Topic (National Library of Medicine) Also in Spanish
Journal Articles References and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Hepatocellular carcinoma with thoracic metastases presenting as hemothorax: A case...
- Article: Characteristics and management of pyogenic liver abscess: A European experience.
- Article: Placental transmogrification of the lung presenting as a peripheral solitary...
- Chest Injuries and Disorders -- see more articles