The chest is the part of the body between your neck and your abdomen. It includes the ribs and breastbone. Inside your chest are several organs, including the heart, lungs, and esophagus. The pleura, a large thin sheet of tissue, lines the inside of the chest cavity.
Chest injuries and disorders include
Diagnosis and Tests
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation: MedlinePlus Health Topic (National Library of Medicine) Also in Spanish
Health Check Tools
- Chest Injury (DSHI Systems)
Journal Articles References and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Vascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome with cryptorchidism, recurrent pneumothorax, and pulmonary capillary...
- Article: Rib Fracture Associated with Bordetella pertussis Infection.
- Article: Surgical Stabilization of Rib Fractures in a 6-Year-Old Child After...
- Chest Injuries and Disorders -- see more articles