Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 1 can (14.75 ounce) salmon, drained
- 1/4 cup pickle relish (dill or sweet) or chopped pickles
- 1/4 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, break up salmon and skin and mash small bones with a fork.
- Add relish, yogurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Mix together until well combined.
- Chill before serving. Serve on a bed of salad greens or use as a sandwich filling.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Small salmon bones are soft after canning. They can be mashed and eaten for more calcium.
- Salmon skin is also soft after canning. Stir it in for healthy fats (omega-3 fatty acids).