Service members and veterans face some different health issues from civilians. Their families also face some unique challenges. Families may have to cope with
- Separation from their loved ones
- Anxiety over loved ones' safety in combat zones
- Illnesses and injuries from combat, including disabilities
- Mental health effects of military service, including post-traumatic stress disorder
- Family issues such as disruptions in parenting
- Caregiver stress
- Complementary Health Practices for U.S. Military, Veterans, and Families (National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health)
- VA Caregiver Support (Veterans Health Administration)
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Military Family (National Institutes of Health)
Journal Articles References and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Hydroxychloroquine for post-exposure prophylaxis of COVID-19 among naval personnel in Sri...
- Article: Impact of a Diabetes Toolkit on Weight Loss Among Veterans.
- Article: A review of biological effects and treatments of inhaled depleted uranium...
- Veterans and Military Family Health -- see more articles