Sexuality is a big part of being human. Love, affection and sexual intimacy all play a role in healthy relationships. They also contribute to your sense of well-being. A number of disorders can affect the ability to have or enjoy sex in both men and women.
Factors that can affect sexual health include:
- Answers to Your Questions about Transgender People, Gender Identity, and Gender Expression (American Psychological Association) - PDF Also in Spanish
- Answers to Your Questions for a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality (American Psychological Association) - PDF Also in Spanish
Statistics and Research
- Do Social Ties Affect Our Health? Exploring the Biology of Relationships (National Institutes of Health) Also in Spanish
Journal Articles References and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Personal and sexual boundaries: the experiences of people with intellectual disabilities.
- Article: A qualitative exploration of Ugandan mental health care workers' perspectives and...
- Article: Awareness of pubertal body changes among primary school children aged 10-14 years...
- Sexual Health -- see more articles
Find an Expert
- Sexual Problems in Women: MedlinePlus Health Topic (National Library of Medicine) Also in Spanish