Sexuality is a big part of being human. Love, affection and sexual intimacy all play a role in healthy relationships. They also contribute to your sense of well-being. A number of disorders can affect the ability to have or enjoy sex in both men and women.
Factors that can affect sexual health include:
- Answers to Your Questions about Transgender People, Gender Identity, and Gender Expression (American Psychological Association) - PDF Also in Spanish
- Answers to Your Questions for a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality (American Psychological Association) - PDF Also in Spanish
Statistics and Research
- Do Social Ties Affect Our Health? Exploring the Biology of Relationships (National Institutes of Health) Also in Spanish
Journal Articles References and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Exploring the wider societal impacts of sexual health issues and interventions...
- Article: Dimensions of Sexual Health Conversations among U.S. Black Heterosexual Couples.
- Article: An Advanced, Risk-Driven Sexual Health Curriculum for First-Year Internal Medicine Residents.
- Sexual Health -- see more articles
Find an Expert
- Sexual Problems in Women: MedlinePlus Health Topic (National Library of Medicine) Also in Spanish