Prep time: 45 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Number of Servings: 5
- 1/3 cup dried bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (any type)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cover bulgur with boiling water and let stand until soft, about 30 minutes. Pour off any excess water.
- Rinse and trim Brussels sprouts. Cut in half lengthwise then slice crosswise into thin strips.
- In a large bowl combine bulgur, Brussels sprouts, cranberries and nuts.
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, combine orange juice, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix or shake well. Pour dressing over salad and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No nuts? Use sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
- No dried cranberries? Use any type of dried fruit.