If you have stained, broken or uneven teeth, cosmetic dentistry can help. Cosmetic dentistry is different from orthodontic treatment, which can straighten your teeth with braces or other devices.
Cosmetic dental procedures include
- Bleaching to make teeth whiter
- Repairing chips or rough spots with fillings that match your teeth
- Filling cavities with tooth-colored materials
- Reshaping teeth that don't match the others
- Closing gaps between teeth
- Covering broken teeth with porcelain crowns
- Cosmetic Dentistry (Academy of General Dentistry)
Treatments and Therapies
- Periodontal Plastic Surgery Procedures (American Academy of Periodontology)
- Peri-Implant Diseases (American Academy of Periodontology)
Journal Articles References and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Alignment efficiency and esthetic performance of 4 coated nickel-titanium archwires...
- Article: The Use of All-Ceramic Resin-Bonded Bridges in the Anterior Aesthetic...
- Article: Effectiveness of a new non-hydrogen peroxide bleaching agent after single...
- Cosmetic Dentistry -- see more articles
Find an Expert
- American Dental Association
- Find a Periodontist (American Academy of Periodontology)
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research Also in Spanish
- Teens: Want a Brighter Smile? Visit the Dentist, Not the Shopping Mall (Academy of General Dentistry)
- Here Comes the Bride... and Her Teeth Are Nice and Bright (American Dental Association) - PDF