Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups chopped broccoli (or broccoli florets)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crushed. Use seasoning packet for dressing.
- 1 ramen seasoning packet
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar (any type)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, broccoli, carrot, green onion and uncooked ramen noodles.
- In a small bowl or jar with a tight lid, mix or shake together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to mix. Refrigerate until served.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add cooked chicken, tuna, tofu, nuts or another protein.
- Reduce sodium by leaving out the seasoning packet.
- Try low-fat Italian dressing instead of the dressing ingredients.
- No vinegar? Use lemon or lime juice.