Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Number of Servings: 9
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta (try rotini, penne or bow tie noodles)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1/2 medium onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat (300 °F in an electric skillet). Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add bell pepper, zucchini, and eggplant. Cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, pepper and basil. Cook another 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over pasta and top with cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try adding more seasonings such as oregano, red pepper flakes or fresh basil.