Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 1 large chicken breast, cubed (about one cup)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups 1% or nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Add flour, broth, milk, spices and pasta to skillet and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook until pasta is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli, cover, and cook until broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try whole wheat pasta to increase fiber and make this a whole grain meal.