Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Number of Servings: 12
- 2 pounds fish fillets (cod, tilapia, snapper or others)
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage or lettuce
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (try tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, corn, green onions, celery, avocado)
- 1/2 cup low-fat ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Cook by your favorite method until it appears opaque and flakes apart easily.
- In a Skillet: Lightly grease a skillet. Add seasoned fish and cook over medium heat (300 °F in an electric skillet) until flesh starts to appear white. Turn fish over and cook until it flakes easily.
- In the Oven: Put seasoned fish in a baking pan and cover with foil. Bake in a 350 °F oven until fish flakes.
- Under a Broiler: Place seasoned fish on a broiler pan. Broil several inches from the heat until the fish is opaque all the way through and flakes easily.
- Mix cabbage or lettuce with other vegetables of your choice. Add chunks of fish. Drizzle with ranch dressing and salsa.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- To make tacos instead of salad: Warm tortillas. Layer cabbage or lettuce, vegetables of your choice, and fish on the tortilla. Drizzle with ranch dressing and salsa. Fold in half.