Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- cooking spray
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Dry beans with paper towels to prevent "popping" in the oven.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley and dill weed.
- Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet. Pour garbanzo beans onto baking sheet and spread in a single layer.
- Lightly spray the tops of beans with cooking spray. Sprinkle seasoning mix over the beans. Shake pan to help spread around the seasoning and end with the beans in a single layer.
- Place the baking sheet on the lowest rack in the oven. Cook until beans are crispy and brown, about 30 to 40 minutes. Gently shake and turn the pan every 10 to 15 minutes to avoid burning the beans. Let cool before serving.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks*.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
- *Dry roasted garbanzo beans will keep up to 2 weeks in a sealed, airtight container at room temperature. Reheat at 400 °F on a baking sheet for 5 minutes to make them crisp again.