Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 13
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper (optional)
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) beans, drained and rinsed beans (try a mix of any type)
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (try a mix, such as onion, carrot, celery, bell pepper)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, mix together vinegar, sugar and oil. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add beans and vegetables and gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. For more flavor, make a day ahead.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try adding seasonings such as cilantro, cumin or oregano.
- Try a mix of beans such as wax, garbanzo, red kidney and green beans.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.