Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 90 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 16 ounces firm or extra firm tofu (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar (cider, rice or balsamic)
- 1 Tablespoon honey or brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil (try sesame oil)
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil (try sesame oil)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- With a cloth or paper towel, press water out of the tofu and cut how you choose: triangles, cubes, slices or sticks.
- Mix marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add tofu and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Drain tofu and place pieces on a baking sheet. Foil on the baking sheet makes clean-up easy.
- Bake until the tofu is firm and lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Turn pieces once during baking.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try Baked Tofu instead of meat in tacos, stir-fries or skillet meals.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.