Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 2
- 1 medium apple
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon raisins
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cut apple in half from the stem down and lay each half cut-side down on a cutting board. Slice each half into 6 half-round slices and cut out the core.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter on one side of each apple slice.
- Put 4 to 6 raisins on top of the peanut butter on one apple slice. Top with another apple slice, peanut-butter side down. Squeeze gently.
- Continue with remaining apple slices.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.