There are many new responsibilities when you have a baby. One of them is to make sure they get the checkups that they need. Well-baby exams are important in making sure that your baby is growing and developing properly. If there are problems, you can catch them early. This means that there is a better chance for treatment.
- Visiting The Pediatrician: The First Year (American Academy of Pediatrics) Also in Spanish
- Well-Baby Exam: What to Expect during Routine Checkups (Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research) Also in Spanish
- Well-Child-Care - A Check-Up for Success (American Academy of Pediatrics) Also in Spanish
- What Can Parents Expect During Their Infant's Well-Child Visits? (Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development) Also in Spanish
- Your Child's Checkups (Nemours Foundation)
Journal Articles References and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: What is the Interobserver Reliability of an Ultrasound-enhanced Physical Examination of...
- Article: Interobserver agreement and clinical disparity between the Graf method and femoral...
- Article: Diagnostic center for primary care patients with nonspecific symptoms and suspected...
- Baby Health Checkup -- see more articles
Find an Expert
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Also in Spanish
- Find a Pediatrician or Pediatric Specialist (American Academy of Pediatrics) Also in Spanish
- KidsHealth (Nemours Foundation)