The goal of MedlinePlus is to bring appropriate, authoritative health information to those who need it. We appreciate your efforts in training people on how to use MedlinePlus. Here are some training resources which might help you with your classes and health fairs.
Resources for Teaching MedlinePlus
Resources for Teaching How to Find Health Information Online
- Evaluating Internet Health Information: A Tutorial from the National Library of Medicine (download)
- Finding Accurate and Reliable Health Information on the Internet - PDF (University of Minnesota Health Sciences Libraries)
- Finding Quality Health Information on the Web: A Tool Kit (University of Washington Center for Public Health Nutrition)
- MedlinePlus Guide to Healthy Web Surfing
- MedlinePlus Page: Evaluating Health Information
- MedlinePlus Page: Understanding Medical Research
- Connecting Youth to Quality Health Information: A Lesson Plan for High School Health and Fitness Education - PDF (University of Washington Center for Public Health Nutrition)
- Helping Older Adults Search for Health Information Online: A Toolkit for Trainers (NIHSeniorHealth)
Health Information Tutorials
Have you created a materials you would like to share with other trainers? If so, please contact us.