Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked turkey, 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 cups dry macaroni
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet) and sauté onions until transparent.
- Add garlic and cook briefly, about 30 seconds.
- Add turkey, water, milk, soup, and peas; bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni, dill, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cover pan, reduce heat to low (225 degrees in an electric skillet) and cook 10-15 minutes until pasta is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- While mixture is cooking, crush corn flakes in small bowl, mix in garlic powder and set aside.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and top with corn flake mixture.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.