Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked turkey, 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 cups dry macaroni
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat (350 °F in an electric skillet) and sauté onions until transparent.
- Add garlic and cook briefly, about 30 seconds.
- Add turkey, water, milk, soup, and peas; bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni, dill, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cover pan, reduce heat to low (225 °F in an electric skillet) and cook 10-15 minutes until pasta is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- While mixture is cooking, crush corn flakes in small bowl, mix in garlic powder and set aside.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and top with corn flake mixture.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.