Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 5
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed/drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) cheddar cheese
- Drain and press tofu to remove extra liquid. Crumble; set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and bell pepper in oil until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Add spinach, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add tofu; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- More spice? Try cumin or chili powder. Add other veggies.