Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 5
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed/drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) cheddar cheese
- Drain and press tofu to remove extra liquid. Crumble; set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and bell pepper in oil until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Add spinach, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add tofu; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- More spice? Try cumin or chili powder. Add other veggies.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.