Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 to 45 minutes
Total time: 45 to 60 minutes
Number of Servings: 11
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups whole kernel corn (fresh, frozen or canned and drained)
- 2 cups lima beans (fresh, frozen or canned and drained)
- 2 cups cut okra (fresh or frozen)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed or diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, sauté onion in the oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, reduce heat to medium-low and slowly cook until the veggies are tender, the liquids reduce and the flavors are blended, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.