Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 1 medium leek, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium apples, cored and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon honey*
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (any type)
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté leeks in oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add apples and cook while stirring for about 3 minutes, or until apples begin to soften.
- Remove from heat. Add honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine all ingredients. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Create a wrap by rolling in a whole-wheat tortilla with grated cheese.
- *Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.