Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 1 medium leek, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium apples, cored and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon honey*
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (any type)
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté leeks in oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add apples and cook while stirring for about 3 minutes, or until apples begin to soften.
- Remove from heat. Add honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine all ingredients. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Create a wrap by rolling in a whole wheat tortilla with grated cheese.
- *Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.