Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus spears
- 1 teaspoon oil
- dash of salt and pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Wash asparagus spears and trim off tough ends. Leave whole or cut into shorter lengths.
- In a large bowl, toss spears with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place spears in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Lining the baking sheet with foil or baking parchment will help with clean-up.
- Roast for 12 to 15 minutes or until the asparagus pieces are lightly browned. Thick spears will take a longer baking time.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try adding more seasonings such as lemon zest or garlic powder.