Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 65 minutes
Number of Servings: 12
Crust and topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Crust and topping: Mix flour and sugar in a bowl. Cut butter into mixture until crumbly. Mix in oats. Set half aside for topping.
- To remaining mixture, stir in applesauce and orange juice. Press in bottom of baking pan.
- Filling: Combine flour, sugar, juice and raspberries. Mix well.
- Spread filling on crust. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Cool. Cut into 12 bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- No raspberries? Use fresh or frozen blackberries.