Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 65 minutes
Number of Servings: 12
Crust and topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Crust and topping: Mix flour and sugar in a bowl. Cut butter into mixture until crumbly. Mix in oats. Set half aside for topping.
- To remaining mixture, stir in applesauce and orange juice. Press in bottom of baking pan.
- Filling: Combine flour, sugar, juice and raspberries. Mix well.
- Spread filling on crust. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Cool. Cut into 12 bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- No raspberries? Use fresh or frozen blackberries.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.