Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 9
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3 large celery stalks, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh wire strainer under running water for 1 minute.
- Bring the water or broth and quinoa to a boil in a 2 to 3-quart saucepan. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cool.
- While quinoa is cooling, combine all the vegetables in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl or jar with a tight lid, mix or shake together the dressing ingredients. Add to the vegetables.
- Add quinoa and stir gently to combine.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try adding chopped cilantro or basil instead of parsley.
- No quinoa? Use bulgur instead.