Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 24
- 1 3/4 cups cooked, pureed pumpkin (15 ounce can)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts (any type)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs and oil. Mix well until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Add to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop the dough by a tablespoon on to a greased baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Gently flatten each cookie with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until tops are dry and begin to brown.
- No raisins? Use any type of dried fruit.