Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Number of Servings: 1
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place a single layer of eggs in a saucepan. Add cold water to cover the eggs by at least 1 inch. Heat over high heat just until the water comes to a full boil.
- Take the pan off the heat and cover with a lid or plate. Leave eggs in the hot water. Time depends on egg size: medium - 9 minutes; large - 12 minutes; extra large - 15 minutes
- Immediately drain eggs. Serve warm, or cool completely under cold running water or in ice water. Refrigerate within 2 hours of cooking. Use peeled eggs within 2 days or refrigerate in the shell for up to a week.
Tips for easier peeling:
- Refrigerate the eggs for 7-10 days before cooking. This gives time for the two membranes inside the shell to separate slightly.
- Let eggs cool after cooking.
- Roll the egg gently on the counter until the shell has small cracks all over.
- Start peeling at the large end.
- Hold the egg under cold running water to help loosen the shell.