Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 16
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups rice cereal
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup raisins, or other dried fruit
- In a saucepan bring honey to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in peanut butter.
- Add dry cereal, oats and raisins; mix well. Remove from heat.
- Lightly spray or oil an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Press into prepared 8-inch pan. When cool, cut into 16 bars.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Try this recipe with 4 cups of unsweetened cereal flakes instead of the rice cereal and oats.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
- To avoid peanuts or peanut butter, try sunflower seeds or sunflower seed butter.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.