Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 5
- 1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 cups chopped or sliced peaches (frozen, canned and drained, or 3 to 4 medium fresh)
- 3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups (24 ounces) low-fat yogurt (try peach, vanilla or raspberry)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Melt margarine in a medium skillet over medium heat (300 °F in an electric skillet).
- Add peaches, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir occasionally until peaches are hot. Remove from heat.
- Spoon yogurt into five individual bowls. Top with warm peaches.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- For a little crunch, sprinkle with granola, graham cracker or gingersnap cookie crumbs.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.