Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 16
- 1 cup chopped peaches, canned or fresh
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine peaches, tomato, bell pepper, onion and cilantro in a large bowl. Add lime juice, salt and pepper and stir gently to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- For extra flavor, add cayenne pepper or diced jalapeno peppers.
- Serve with fresh vegetables, crackers or tortilla chips.
- Try with tacos, tostadas, fish, chicken, and more.
- Freeze extra lime juice for later.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.