Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 6 hours
Total time: 6 hours 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 1/2 cup berries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (about 1/3 of a medium apple [3" diameter])
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, yogurt and milk.
- Add the fruit now or add just before eating.
- Cover and refrigerate oatmeal mixture for 6-12 hours. For grab-and-go breakfasts, place scoops of mixture in small dishes or spoon into small containers with lids.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try other fresh, frozen, or canned fruits.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.