Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Number of Servings: 7
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled if desired and cubed (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium broth or milk
- 2 Tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon margarine or butter (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium saucepan, cover potatoes with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and mash the potatoes, then stir in broth or milk, yogurt or sour cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper and margarine or butter, if desired.
- Serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.