Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Total time: 75 minutes
Number of Servings: 20
- Non-stick cooking spray or oil
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly coat an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 -inch loaf pan with cooking spray or oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, applesauce, brown sugar and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir only until the dry ingredients become moistened. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and spread into the corners.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on a rack. Slice to serve.
- Wrap in plastic or foil to store for several days or freeze for up to a month.