Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (1/4 medium onion)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups chopped kale (leaf portion, no stems)
- Juice from 1/2 orange (about 1/4 cup)
- Add oil and onion to large skillet. Stir and sauté over medium-high heat (350 °F in an electric skillet) until onion is clear.
- Add cranberries and garlic. Continue to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add kale. Pour or squeeze orange juice over top of kale. Continue to stir fry for about 5 minutes until kale is wilting and hot.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- 1 bunch fresh kale (about 8 cups, chopped)
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.