Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Number of Servings: 24
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce or fruit puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrot (about 3 large carrots)
- 1 cup raisins (or any type dried fruit)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugars, oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Stir in the carrots and raisins.
- Drop the dough by a teaspoon onto the baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container.