Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 3/4 pound asparagus, rinsed and trimmed (2 1/2 cups sliced)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Slice the asparagus diagonally into pieces about 3/4 inch long.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients. Stir and sauté until asparagus is a bright green, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until the asparagus is just fork-tender. Avoid overcooking. Shake the pan a few times while cooking to prevent sticking or burning.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.