Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 3/4 pound asparagus, rinsed and trimmed (2 1/2 cups sliced)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Slice the asparagus diagonally into pieces about 3/4 inch long.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients. Stir and sauté until asparagus is a bright green, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until the asparagus is just fork-tender. Avoid overcooking. Shake the pan a few times while cooking to prevent sticking or burning.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.