Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (15% fat)
- 2 cups water
- 2 packages Soy Sauce flavor instant ramen-style noodles, broken into small pieces
- 16 ounces frozen Asian-style vegetables, or any other frozen vegetables
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 °F in an electric skillet), brown ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add 2 cups of water and one seasoning packet to cooked beef and mix well.
- Add frozen vegetables, green onion, ginger, and garlic and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add ramen noodles, reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.