Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 4 eggs (or 1 cup egg substitute)
- 2 Tablespoons minced green onion with tops
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded vegetables (unpeeled zucchini (drained and pressed), potato, carrots, bell pepper, celery, sweet potato or yam)
- In medium bowl, stir together cheese, flour, baking powder, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Beat in eggs, green onions, lemon juice and garlic until well blended. Stir all shredded vegetables into the batter.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Lightly spray or oil with cooking spray. For each vegetable cake, pour 1/3 cup batter onto hot skillet or griddle. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Top with low-fat sour cream and tomato slices.
- Precook "harder" vegetables like carrots and potatoes, if desired.