Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 2 pounds cod fillets
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (red or green)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream or plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Place fish in a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix lime juice, tomato, onion, cilantro, oil, peppers and salt. Spoon the mixture on top of fish.
- Cover dish loosely with aluminum foil to keep fish moist.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until fish is opaque and separates easily with a fork. If you have a food thermometer, the internal temperature should reach 145 °F.
- For the slaw: In a large bowl, mix cabbage and onion. Add sour cream and salsa; stir until mixed.
- Divide cooked fish among tortillas. Add 1/4 cup of slaw to each. Fold over and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Freeze extra lime juice to use later.