Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 32
- 1/2 cup corn (canned and drained, frozen, or fresh cooked)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup green pepper, seeded and diced (about 3/4 a small pepper)
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Chill until serving time.
- Drain before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- One large ear of corn makes about 1 cup of cut corn.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or tortilla chips.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.