Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Total time: 70 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 1 pound lean ground beef (15% fat)
- 1/2 cup uncooked white or brown rice
- 2/3 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1/2 medium onion)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed soup (try tomato, cream of mushroom or other flavors)
- 3/4 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine beef, rice, milk, egg, onion, carrot, salt and pepper. Use a spoon to form 24 meatballs and place in baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup and milk to make the sauce. Mix well. Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try using uncooked quick cooking or old fashioned rolled oats instead of rice!