Prep time: 10 miutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Number of Servings: 11
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 apples, chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until clear, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add cabbage, vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix well and add apples.
- Reduce heat to low. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is soft, about 30 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add cold leftovers to a sandwich or wrap!