Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 7
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups shredded or chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 °F in an electric skillet).
- Add celery and onion. Cook 4 to 7 minutes until soft.
- Add cabbage, green pepper, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often so the cabbage sweats.
- Add tomato just before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- If you don't have tomatoes, try adding 3/4 cup cooked, sliced carrots instead.