Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 slices whole-grain bread
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups nonfat or 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Butter bread and cut into small cubes.
- Combine buttered and cubed bread, brown sugar and raisins in a one-quart microwave safe dish. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, blend together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.
- Heat on high for 2 to 3 minutes until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour over bread mixture and lightly blend together.
- Microwave the dish uncovered at 50% power for 5 to 8 minutes, or until edges are firm and the center is almost set.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve with low-fat vanilla or lemon yogurt.