Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 2 large tomatoes cut into thick slices (about 1 inch)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese (try parmesan, Swiss, or cheddar)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Place tomato slices in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle mixture over tomatoes.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese turns golden brown and starts to bubble. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try on toasted bread or an English muffin.