Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 3
- 2 cups grated cauliflower (about half a medium head)
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Spray a baking sheet or line with parchment paper or foil.
- Grate cauliflower on large holes of a grater.
- In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg, flour, cheese, and salt; mix well.
- Press mixture together to make about 15 small balls or logs; Place on the baking sheet with space between each ball or log.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. For extra crispy tots, broil for an extra 2 minutes. Watch closely to avoid burning.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Texture will be best when freshly made.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.