Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 1
- 1 baking apple (try Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Jonathan, or Braeburn)
- cinnamon to taste
- 1 Tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon margarine or butter
- Wash apple and remove core (seed area), leaving the bottom to hold in the filling.
- Peel a small band of skin from around the top of the apple.
- Place the apple in a microwave safe container.
- Sprinkle cinnamon around the top of the apple and into the hole.
- Fill the center of the apple with cranberries, pressing down if needed.
- Top the cranberries with the brown sugar and margarine or butter.
- Cover loosely with wax paper.
- Microwave on high for about 2 1/2 minutes or until apple is soft when poked through the center hole with a fork. Cool slightly.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try using a corer or a paring knife and a small melon baller or the tip of a vegetable peeler to remove the core.
- Try fresh cranberries, raisins or other dry fruit in the center.
- For additional servings, increase the cooking time about 1 minute for each apple.
- Serve for breakfast or dessert!